Drag box to select area
The Lutz-Franklin Schoolhouse is a restored one-room schoolhouse built in 1880 in northeastern Lower Saucon Township. The schoolhouse, which is of a Victorian vernacular design, is surrounded by a small township park. Inside the school, period furnishings enable visitors to understand what schooling was like for students in the early-20th century. Use of the building as a school was discontinued in the mid-1950s, and the field-stone structure subsequently sat vacant for many years. Today, the schoolhouse is maintained by members of the Lower Saucon Township Historical Society, which recently announced its listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
4216 Country Side Ln, Hellertown, PA 18055
- Accessibility Details: Ramp
- Hours: Variable
- Accessible: yes