Lost River Caverns
Lost River Caverns is a natural limestone cavern which was discovered in the late 1800s and opened for tours in 1930. Currently, a gift shop is available for souvenirs and tours run every half hour, taking visitors roughly 120-feet into the ground. Tour highlights include the Crystal Chapel, which has hosted dozens of weddings since 1949, and the Lost River itself. Complete historical information can be found on the Lost River Caverns website or at the cave, which is located on Durham Street in Hellertown.
- Hours: Winter Hours (Sept. through May): Daily, 9am - 5pm. Summer Hours (Memorial Day through Labor Day): Daily, 9am - 6pm. Gilman's at the Cave gift shop is open late (until 8pm) Fridays year-round. The cave is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Discovered in 1883. Opened for tours in 1930.
- Ticket information: Adults, $12. Children (ages 3 to 12), $7.50.
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: Picnic grounds and a scenic nature trail are located outside the entrance to the cave.
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Gift shop: Yes
- Cameras allowed?: Yes