A carbon monoxide alarm that went off in a Koehler Drive apartment building triggered a chain of events that led to a resident of the building being charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, Lower Saucon Township Police said in a news release.
According to police, the apartment building at 2235 Koehler Dr. was evacuated as emergency responders checked it for carbon monoxide levels.
When fire officers knocked on the door of one of the apartments, and didn't receive a response, they forced their way into the unit because of high levels of the gas.
The apartment was found to be empty, but as responders set up ventilation fans and opened windows police said one of them "noticed a silver and brown smoking device laying on an end table in the bedroom."
The fire officer notified police at the scene of the discovery, and officers confiscated the device, according to the news release.
Police said Erin Brennan, 29, was subsequently notified that a "smoking device that contained burnt residue and gave the odor of burnt marijuana...was located in her apartment."
Brennan told police that she was holding the "bowl" for a friend, according to the release.
Police said the building was evacuated Monday at about 6:45 p.m.