Local residents who are concerned about crimes such as identity theft and fraud are being invited to attend the next meeting of , which will be held Monday, June 25 at 7pm in Hellertown Borough Hall.
Block watch leader Officer Tim Piotrowski announced last month that the guest speaker at this month's meeting will be an officer from the Pennsylvania State Police's Computer Crime Unit.
The topics that the PSP officer will discuss are expected to include:
- Understanding identity theft and fraud.
- Understanding how offenders access your personal information.
- Preventing your personal information from being accessed via the Internet.
- Safeguards/preventative measures to help guard against online ID theft.
- How to identify and report incidents of identity theft.
The officer will also be available to answer questions from audience members, as did a Pennsylvania State Police officer who .
An update on borough crime statistics will be provided by Officer Piotrowski at the start of the meeting, which is open to the public.