What's the Scariest Local Intersection? [Tell Us]
Chances are, if you live here, you drive around Hellertown and Lower Saucon Township a lot. Is there a Saucon Valley intersection you think is especially hazardous?
The Saucon Valley has more than a few intersections that can present problems for the most skillful of motorists.
For a variety of reasons--such as poor lines of sight, awkward turning radiuses, or simply due to antiquated design--navigating these intersections can be challenging, and that's especially true if they lack either stop signs or traffic lights.
Some of the intersections that in recent years have been identified as having issues include:
- Main Street (Route 412) and Polk Valley Road (Hellertown/Lower Saucon)
- Durham Street, Penn Street and Delaware Avenue (Hellertown)
- Easton Road and East High Street (Hellertown)
- Route 378 and Colesville Road (Lower Saucon/Upper Saucon)
- Hickory Hill Road and Mountain Drive South (Lower Saucon/Bethlehem)
- Black River Road and Bingen Road (Lower Saucon)
Some other intersections that could be considered problematic include:
- Leithsville Road (Route 412) and Apples Church Road (Lower Saucon)
- Leithsville Road (Route 412) and Flint Hill Road (Lower Saucon)
- Friedensville Road and Meadows Road (Lower Saucon)
- Skibo Road and Meadows Road (Lower Saucon)
- Friedensville Road and Creek Road (Lower Saucon/Bethlehem)
- Meadows Road, Springtown Hill Road and Route 412 (Lower Saucon)
- Route 378 and Seidersville Road (Lower Saucon)
- Cherry Lane and Main Street (Route 412) (Hellertown/Bethlehem)
Is there another intersection that concerns you? Tell us in the comments section, or tell us why you think one of the above-named crossroads should be upgraded.