A website for the popular Saucon Rail Trail is now live, trail oversight commission chairman Roger Jurczak told Patch Dec. 5.
The address for the new website is www.sauconrailtrail.org.
In addition to photos, the homepage for the website features a large and detailed map of the trail, along with links to other pages filled with information.
The pages list information about:
- Volunteer opportunities
- The mile markers along the trail
- News and announcements
- Upcoming events
- Tribute programs, such as memorial benches
- The history of the rail line that was transformed into the trail
- Ways to report a problem on the trail
- Wintertime recreational opportunities
- Trail rules
- Future projects
The Saucon Rail Trail stretches from Hellertown south to Upper Saucon Township Community Park in Center Valley. Plans for its expansion include an extension from Center Valley south to Coopersburg.
Since its opening in May 2011, the trail--which is open year-round, from dawn to dusk--has been embraced by local walkers, joggers, bicyclists and nature-lovers.