Police: Dog Ran Loose, Bit Man in Forearm
Lower Saucon Township Police Blotter
The following incidents occurred in Lower Saucon Township, according to the Lower Saucon Police Department:
- Confinement of Dogs - On Jan. 11 police say a dog owned by Josh Moretz, of 1303 Evergreen Drive, got loose and wandered onto the property of Keller Thomas, of 3620 Strauss Ave. Seeing that the dog was wearing a collar, Thomas attempted to "apprehend" it, police said, and was bitten by the dog in the process. Thomas subsequently sought medical attention for a bite to his forearm and Moretz was cited for confinement of dogs, according to police. The dog's vaccinations were current, authorities added.
- Theft - On Jan. 16 Kerry Rutherford, 46, of 3788 Old Philadelphia Pike reported to police the theft of a yellow Yamaha Warrior four-wheeler and a green Kawasaki motorcycle from his residence sometime between Jan. 7 and Jan. 16. The four-wheeler's value is estimated at $1500 and the motorcycle's value is estimated at $700, police said. An investigation into the theft is continuing, and police ask that anyone with information regarding this incident contact them at 610-317-6110. Police said they have no suspects at this time.
- Harassment - On Jan. 20 police cited Denese Tiedeman, of 1614 Molly Lane, for harassment. According to police, Tiedeman struck her stepson, Bryan Tiedeman, in the face, causing bruising. The incident occurred during a "family dispute" and Bryan Tiedeman contacted police, authorities said.
- Underage Drinking - On Jan. 23 police cited Jacob Bernier, of Rehoboth Beach, Del., and Bruce D. Peditto Jr., of Mount Laurel, N.J., for underage drinking. According to police, both men were cited after leaving a party at Lehigh University. The men were stopped by an officer on Rt. 378 South at 1:39am, police said.
- Hit and Run Motor Vehicle Accident - On Jan. 25 police say a motor vehicle accident occurred on Riverside Drive when a grey van traveling in the wrong direction on the one-way road struck the mirror of an eastbound vehicle. Following the accident, which police say happened at about 2:22pm, the van fled the scene. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Lower Saucon Township Police Department at 610-317-6110.
- Underage Drinking - On Jan. 25 police cited Joseph Lucas, 18, of 2745 Wassergass Road for underage drinking. According to police, Lucas was a passenger in his own vehicle when it was stopped for a traffic violation on Lower Saucon Road at 11:o5pm. An officer subsequently determined Lucas to be under the influence of alcohol. Lucas' blood alcohol concentration was measured at .17 percent, police added.