Police: Borough Man Propositioned Woman at Supermarket
Lower Saucon Township Police Blotter
The Lower Saucon Township Police Department has reported the following incidents:
- DUI - On Feb. 4 at 11:55pm police stopped Annamarie Frangis, 43, of 8084 Heritage Dr., Alburtis, for an alleged traffic violation on Rt. 378. According to police, Frangis was subsequently determined to have a blood alcohol concentration of .11 percent.
- DUI - On Feb. 5 at 1:20am police say Rachel Rinaldi, 25, of 833 Willowbrook Place, Coopersburg, was observed driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed on Rt. 378. Police stopped Rinaldi and subsequently determined that she was under the influence of alcohol. Rinaldi, who is charged with DUI, was found to have a blood alcohol concentration of .22 percent, police said.
- DUI - On Feb. 5 at 2:07am police stopped Patrick Devlin, 25, of 223 Holly Dr., Chalfont, for allegedly traveling 55mph in a 40mph zone on Rt. 378. Police subsequently arrested Devlin for DUI but say he refused to provide a blood sample and will consequently lose his driver's privileges for one year. Charges against Devlin have been filed.
- DUI - On Feb. 6 at 3:17am police were dispatched to Rt. 378 and Seidersville Road after receiving a report of a disabled vehicle. Police say the driver of the vehicle, Ramon Joseph Passaro, 25, of 408 E. Landis St., Coopersburg, indicated he had struck something and blown out a passenger side tire. Officers subsequently determined that Passaro had been drinking. Passaro failed field sobriety tests and was taken to the Bethlehem DUI Center for a blood test, which indicated a blood alcohol concentration of .16 percent, according to police. Passaro has been charged with DUI, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. A 16-year-old juvenile passenger in his vehicle was also cited for underage drinking, police said.
- Theft - On Feb. 7 at 3:55pm police say a Tom-Tom GPS unit valued at $300 was stolen from a vehicle belonging to Zachary Chadwell, of 1944 Saucon Lane, Lower Saucon Township, went he went inside Hess Mart, 3622 Rt. 378, to pay for gas. Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the Lower Saucon Police Department at 610-317-6110.
- Harassment - On Feb. 11 at noon police charged Julio Viotti, of 323 Thomas Ave., Hellertown, with harassment, after he allegedly approached a woman in the Giant Food Store, 1880 Leithsville Road, and offered her $200 a week in exchange for sex. According to police, Viotti told the victim he wanted to meet her once a week for a month, for half-hour meetings. Police say Viotti admitted to propositioning the woman.
- Possession of Small Amount of Marijuana - On Feb. 12 at 2:51am police stopped Monique Jazmin Torrales, 25, of 1315 Livingston St., Apt. G, Bethlehem, for allegedly speeding and for an expired registration. Torrales, who was stopped at Riverside Drive and Adams Avenue, was subsequently found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana and was charged with the same, according to police.