High School Student Struck Classmate in Head, Police Say
Lower Saucon Township Police Blotter
The following incidents have been reported by the Lower Saucon Police Department:
- DUI - On March 26 at 8:12pm police stopped Ivan Rivera Jr., 30, of 43 Church St., Alburtis, for an alleged traffic violation on Route 412. According to police, Rivera was subsequently found to be intoxicated, with a blood alcohol concentration of .13 percent.
- Possession of a Small Amount of Marijuana - On March 28 at 11:59am police stopped Richard Allen Koch, 23, of 635 W. Brookdale St., Allentown for allegedly operating a vehicle with both a suspended license and registration. Police say Koch, who was stopped on South Mountain Drive at the entrance to Lehigh's Mountaintop campus, was subsequently found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana. Koch was arrested and released, police said.
- Harassment - On March 28 police charged Caitlyn Marie Norder, 18, of 4020 Spear St., Bethlehem Township, with harassment, after she allegedly struck another student in the head while attending school at Saucon Valley High School, 2100 Polk Valley Road.
- Motor Vehicle Accident - On March 28 at 3:04pm police responded to a motor vehicle accident at Hickory Hill Road and Woodfield Drive. According to police, a vehicle operated by Manny Delacruz, of 1132 Oak St., Allentown, left the roadway and traveled 71 feet before striking a tree. A passenger in the vehicle, identified as Jose Alvarado of Allentown, suffered injuries to his face and arm in the crash and was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, police said. Delacruz was charged with failure to operate a vehicle at a safe speed.
- Harassment - On March 28 at 3:44pm police charged Juanita Marie Danyi, of 1664 Jonathan Lane, Lower Saucon, with harassment, after she allegedly followed and harassed someone in the parking lot of Embassy Bank, Route 378 and Colesville Road. According to police, Danyi was in violation of a Protection from Abuse (PFA) order when the incident occurred.
- Theft - On March 30 police received a report of a theft from 2425 Apple Street. According to police, around March 19 unknown persons took three solar panels from behind a shed at that address. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Lower Saucon Township Police Department.