Camo-Wearing Man Was Drunk, Banging on Doors, Police Say
Lower Saucon Township Police Blotter
The following incidents have been reported by the Lower Saucon Township Police Department:
- DUI - On March 11 at approximately 11:54pm police stopped Catherine Ozay, of 660 Easton Road, Riegelsville, after her vehicle was allegedly observed swerving off Route 412 eastbound at Orchards Road. According to police, an officer detected the odor of an alcoholic beverage and Ozay subsequently failed field sobriety tests and tested positive for alcohol when administered a Breathalyzer test. Ozay has been charged with DUI, police said.
- DUI - On March 14 at approximately 1:48am police say Matthew Murphy, of 257 New Jersey Ave., Haddon Township, N.J., was involved in a rollover motor vehicle accident on Route 378 near the Bethlehem city line. According to police, at the accident scene Murphy "had the odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath." He was taken to St. Luke's Hospital for both treatment and a blood test, they added. Police said Murphy is a minor and will be charged with DUI, minors prohibited from operating vehicle with alcohol in their system, careless driving and speeding.
- DUI - On March 26 at 2:58am police arrested Janel Hughes, of 2069 Silo Lane, East Greenville, for DUI. According to police, Hughes was driving a silver Volkswagen that was observed approaching Walter Street and Route 378 by an officer parked at the intersection. "Approaching southbound and upon passing (Hughes) suddenly slammed on the brakes...swerving onto the shoulder (and) almost hitting two roadway signs," police said. The officer who observed Hughes pulled out behind her and then observed her vehicle swerve across both the double yellow line and the white fog line several times, police said. After being stopped, Hughes was determined to be under the influence of alcohol, failed field sobriety tests and was taken to the Bethlehem DUI Center for further processing, according to police. Hughes was determined to have had a blood alcohol concentration of .18 percent, police added.
- DUI - On March 31 at about 2:42am police stopped Jonathan D. Geissler, 44, of 4700 Bethlehem Pike, Apt. 2, Telford, after they say he was observed operating a vehicle with a broken headlight on Route 378 at Walter Street. Police say Geissler was found to have open containers of alcohol in the backseat of his vehicle, displayed impairment while speaking to an officer and appeared impaired after performing a field sobriety test. Geissler was later determined to have a blood alcohol concentration of .15 percent and has been charged with DUI, police said.
- Hit and Run Accident - On April 2 at 1:52am police responded to a reported hit and run accident at Bette Lane and Sir Walters Way. According to police, upon arrival officers discovered that a vehicle had struck a tree and then driven across a mailbox belonging to Thomas Gaydos, of 1525 Bette Lane. Police said they found tire tracks leading to the garage of Tari Black, of 1515 Bette Lane, "where the damaged vehicle was parked." Black was issued traffic citations for careless driving and leaving the scene of an accident, police said.
- Public Drunkenness - On April 3 police cited Richard Ankele, 46, of 2561 Taylor Drive, Center Valley, for public drunkenness. According to police, Ankele was found intoxicated after officers were dispatched to the Scenic View Apartments, 3061 Scenic View Lane, at 2:30am for a report of "a male in a camouflage jacket banging on doors and windows." Ankele was issued a citation and was transported by police to his residence.
- Harassment - On April 3 at 5:25pm police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident in Town Hall Park, 3700 Old Philadelphia Pike. According to police, upon arrival officers learned that the harassment of a juvenile was what led to the accident. Police said Zachary Fluck, of 3739 Old Philadelphia Pike, Lower Saucon, verbally harassed a male juvenile "and in a confrontational manner did strike the juvenile by knocking his hat off." Fluck, who police said did not engage in any other physical contact, was charged with harassment.